Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Caught MY Eye 9/10/2013

I just wanted to toss two more projects out there as there are just so many and I'm behind.

Just get to it Dad. 
Right then!  As usual these are in descending order from ending soonest to latest.  Afterwards I rate the project on their product as well as campaign.




DINO PET // a living, interactive, bioluminescent pet
by Yonder Biology

This was just such a simple yet cool concept I wonder why it wasn't done before.  I think of this project as "Glow in the Dark Sea Monkeys" and while I know the reality is more than that it does get the point across quickly and directly doesn't it?  I mean the look of them alone pretty much sells this product but the campaign is pretty decent as well (again no budget breakdown).   All in all I think this one is worth taking a peek at and if I had the cash I'd probably have picked one up for my kids as well.  (That and if they didn't knock things over all the time.)

Product:  5 out of 5      Campaign:  4 out of 5

DINO PET // a living, bioluminescent night light / pet -- Kicktraq Mini




The Fall: dark, story driven exploration in an alien world
by Over The Moon

This project caught my eye in an odd way, I actually say it on STEAM Greenlight first and then found the Kickstarter which is very bassackwards for me.  The concept seems simple enough, take a standard Metroidvania kind of game and actually add a full adventure game type story.  It'll be episodic which is nice to keep projects small and manageable but is a bit of a gamble to see if the story will ever be completed.  The campaign itself is pretty solid with a nice budget breakdown (with no numbers but at least a decent graphic) and simple and clean layout.  So far it seems to be doing well and it's nice to see one of the Canada based Kickstarters starting off so well.  Here's hoping they do well!

Product: 4 out of 5           Campaign: 4 out of 5

The Fall: dark, story driven exploration in an alien world -- Kicktraq Mini

No comments:

Post a Comment